Sunday, August 26, 2007

Whirl Wind and a Great Fire!

It is been a humdinger of two weeks. I have made it through and all of my students are still alive and kicking. I have a little Julie in my class this year which is pretty funny. Too bad I don't have my Dad there to spank her little rear! Spanish class is going fine and some days it is a wonderful treat to go to class where I don't have someone doing wrong every two minutes. We had a birthday party for one my students the first Friday of school-of course they loved it. I only have 5 students in Spanish. While I was just typing this my son bought in his paper that has black fleck that looked like soot particles and asked me what it was from. I went down stairs and found out that I just narrowly averted (by the Lord's grace) burning down the kitchen! I had left a candle burning in a plastic candle holder ,which must be just for looks,-I know very stupid- and the candle caught it on fire. It had burned all the way to the counter top and there is soot every where. And the house stinks! But thank you Lord it is still standing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad school is going well. I would love to see pictures of your classroom. Is that Daniel E. from my 3rd grade class? Wow! We started school today. We are having a recess now!
The salsa looks fantastic! When are you opening your restaurant?
Hope to talk to you soon!

Nicki