Monday, March 12, 2007

It's a Heart Thing

This past Friday my cousin Jamie spoke to our 4-6th graders in chapel. For those of you who do not know him, he is a missionary in Panama and had been one of my parents coworkers for many years before they retired. He spoke about Josiah, the boy king (I Kings 34). One thing that he said that really impressed me was that Josiah continued to follow God all through out his reign. It mentions the 8th year as well as the 18th year. He continued to follow God, to have his heart right before him. Verse two says And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left. That is such a testimony for a child! It was a rebuke to me. I have been saved since I was four and yet I still need to continue do what is right in the sight of the Lord and not to turn to the right or the left. It was a real blessing.

No comments: