Monday, April 2, 2007

Sleep With the Sharks

The Diver Feeding the Rays
I just came back form the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, Tennessee where Matt's class did an overnight field trip. It was really neat. We got to see a diver feed the sting rays, dissect a squid, do a scavenger hunt and sleep on the floor in the tunnel with the shark tank overhead. The sleeping part was a bit rough as the girls would NOT SHUT UP! We went to bed at 12-12:30 but they kept talking pretty late, and with the floor being hard it was a bit tough to sleep. When I finally did get to sleep I did sleep quite well. Well, one time a loud snore from a neighbor woke me up! =) All in all it is a great experience. I was amazed at the expert design that God used when creating these ocean animals. How anyone can study nature and deny God is a mystery to me. He is truly awesome.

In the Mars exhibit.

Matty and Mommy (of course I'm saying something!)

No comments: