Friday, June 22, 2007

I Love Airports!

There is just something about an airports that draws me. Maybe it is the reminder of all the past trips. Maybe it is the fact that we get to go see friends when they fly in. Maybe it is just woven into me from all the flying I did as a child. I just love to airports! Our airport here in town has two neat fountains that have statues of children playing in them. The Miami airport has long hallways of moving sidewalks and 5 stories. The Orlando airport has a gorgeous hotel connected to it that is visible from a very large open plaza. The Atlanta airport has fun shuttles and a great Chinese food restaurant. The airport in Panama is small and constantly under repair. It is air conditioned which makes it a big shock to walk outside. The Cincinnati airport is very cute and up to date for its size.I didn't get to see much of the Huston airport last year because it took quite a long time to get through customs. I have also been to airports in Detroit, Chicago, Omaha, St. Paul/Minneapolis, Hawaii, Auckland, New Zealand, Sydney Australia, Adelaide, Australia, San Fransisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Charlotte, Memphis, Key West and Sanford, Florida and another one in the Midwest -Indianapolis or some other town where we sat for an hour and half or more while they waited our turn to take off and sprayed deicer on the plane before we finally got to take off. I think I have passed this mania on to my son. The other day he made the comment-"It smells good in here-just like a plane." =)

All in all I think airport are a blast especially when you get to see friends you haven't see for awhile. My friend Penny Sue and her children arrived here last night after 17 hours travel from Beijing China. We were so glad to see them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww - so nice to see Penny Sue and her kids - for the first time! Tell her 'hi' for me.

I totally get the airport thing. John and I went to the Orlando International Airport for our 12th anniversary and stayed in the hotel that you mention. Of course we weren't flying to or from anywhere, but we ate in the restaurants and shopped in the shops. It was great! First thing in the morning, you roll out of bed and go downstairs to Starbucks (or have your husband do it, as I did) without even going outside... you can't beat that!! I know, we're weird... what can I say?

Love ya!!

Penny-Sue said...

Ah yes, Jewel!! You post such lovely pictures of me!! Thank you for mentioning that I had been on a plane for many hours... We were SO thrilled to see everyone and are finally adjusting to eastern standard time. =-)
Love ya!