Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Gentle Reminder Fom the Lord

I tend to try to do so much stuff in one day. Often things that I shouldn't be doing because it is worthless, wastes time or because there are more pressing things (like laundry and dishes). I came across this quote by Elizabeth Elliot this morning and thought it is just the right thing to start the year off right. I hope I can keep my focus on the things that are God's will for me and push the other things to the side. I really want to be a better wife, mother and child of God this year. As you think of me please pray that for me. Happy New Year all!

"One reason we are so harried and hurried is that we make yesterday and tomorrow our business, when all that legitimately concerns us is today. If we really have too much to do, there are some items on the agenda which God did not put there. Let us submit the list to Him and ask Him to indicate which items we must delete. There is always time to do the will of God. If we are too busy to do that, we are too busy."~ Elisabeth Elliott ~

1 comment:

Pauleen said...

Wow - that is perfect - so true. I really enjoy reading Elisabeth Elliott - she makes me think. Do you mind if I post that on my blog. Thanks Julie!