Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Special Day

Today is one of those days you don't foresee when you hold that tiny newborn little body in your arms. It seems like they will be a wee one indefinitely, but today my baby became a teenager. What a blessing and a heavy responsibility all in one! The last two years have taught me just how precious our children are. We have a tiny one waiting for us in heaven. Since that time I have really had a hard time with dwelling on wanting another child but my beloved husband reminded me awhile back that I needed to focus on the one that the Lord let me have here with me. I also have two dear friends who have walked through the valley of the shadow of death and lost their tiny son and treasured daughter. It does not escape me that today my friends Sarah and John had a memorial service today for their sweet angel. In it all I am reminded that our lives are but a vapor which vanish so quickly. I have learned to value my son each and every day and to try and look beyond the things that annoy or frustrate me to see the blessing that he is. So all that to say...The small sprig is unfolding to become a strong stalk. My prayer for my son comes from the Psalms. Ps 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Matthew!

I remember coming to see him at Barge and what a beautiful baby Matthew was. I also remember when he was wanting to act like a baby (I think he was around 5 or 6 yo) you gave him some baby food and he decided he would stick to his regular food. He has grown so much and you should be proud to have such a handsome son. When we look back on life , it goes so fast! We have so much to look forward to. We can hold our perfect little babies and praise the Lord for his greatness and how His plan all fit together!

Love ya!
Nicki