Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ode to Coffee

How do I love thee? Let me count and see...
Hot, cold, early, late, just so-so, or first rate,
Cappuccino, frapaccino,
Chocolate covered coffee beano,
As I’m sure it’s plain to see, java love has got to me.

So fond am I of my other joe,
My passion I cannot espresso,
This on thing I just must say,
I love coffee a latte.

So swig, swallow, swill and sip,
Go fill your cup and take a nip.
Gulp, guzzle, chug-a-lug,
Hit the bottle, uh, your mug.


Dedicated to Chris who told me I need to write poetry. Unfortunately, the only kind I am able to write (or want to) is not serious but silly! Also for my coworkers, Amy and Charlotte who still may one day enjoy coffee when they grow up!

1 comment:

Penny-Sue said...

you are the best! Love your poem... and your choice of topics!! Miss you girl.. and love to check in to see what words of wisdom you have for he day. Keep up the good work...