Thursday, February 22, 2007

What a Gorgeous Day!

Today was one of those days that make living in the South so worth it. It was probably close to 75 degrees. The sky was so clear and so blue. A warm wind was wafting clouds that were billowy puffs of white cotton candy. It was a picture perfect day. So of course we had to have a longer recess to soak up the sun. I just hope it doesn't get all frigid and yucky again! Matthew brought me in a "late Valentine's Day present" earlier this week- he had picked daffodils (from our yard thank goodness!). They are still sitting on the table and look pretty fresh. They just scream spring is around the corner! South Carolinian springs are some of the most beautiful I've seen. Our yard is full of daffodils, azaleas, dogwoods and a Bradford pear tree. Things will be green and beautiful very soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl,
You can send me some of that beautiful spring weather any time. The ice and snow are finally melting here in Maryland but due to the indian spring in January which was followed by a nasty ice storm in February I don't think we'll be having our nice spring. All of the buds froze and dropped like flies. Now if just the flies and mosquitos would die off for the summer...
Neat blog Panamanian Princess (ah, the 1980's and nicknames)! I'll add you to my favorites. God Bless you and your family, Marsha