Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bubble-Gum-Pink Socks

Last night I was taking some clothes out of the dryer when I noticed a sock still inside. So I reached for it but it didn't really want to come out. When I pulled it free I realized why it was sticking. The was gum all over it. Well, I dried the next load of clothes (I know, not smart) and then this morning when I was taking them out I thought "dummy, you ought to see if there is more gum still in there!" Sure enough there was a huge wad firmly stuck with a nickle embedded in it. When I told my son about the gum he said"Oh, yeah, I forgot to eat it." So at breakfast I informed him he had a special job to do today. "But I didn't mean to, it was an accident" he said. "Does it look like I am punishing you?" I asked. "No." was about all he had to say. So I turned the dryer on to loosen it a bit and made him scrape it and then use Goof Off (great stuff for ink, wax, lipstick, gum...) on a paper towel. He got pretty tired and I let him take a break. So I took a turn. Your should have seen me-hovered in the drier opening with a flash light in one had and steel wool in the other. After another round of his scrubbing we got it all off. I don't think he will leave gum in his pocket again-but then other lessons have not been learned so easily- I guess we will have to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry about the gum. Glad you got it all taken care of. I think it is still your turn to ask mom for a cookie. :)Vickie