Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Fun

Monday we went to Columbia to the Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens. We left home and made a day of it getting breakfast and lunch on the road. My favorite part other than the garden was feeding the lorakeets. You could buy a cup of nectar for a dollar and they would come and drink out of the cup. I think there had been toooo many people there that day as most of the birds just shied away from us. A couple were on the screen wall though and I got them to come on my finger and then handed one to Matthew. I also has one on my shoulder in the photo above. The rose garden was absolutely gorgeous and these were some of my favorite roses.

We had a wonderful day! This picture was taken at the end of the day just before we left the park.

No comments: